BEWARE BEFORE YOU REPAIR – ONLY 17% OF REPAIR SHOPS ARE I-CAR GOLD CLASS CERTIFIED
When your vehicle has been in an accident, getting it properly repaired is essential for your family’s safety. But how do you ensure a repair shop has the advanced knowledge to restore your vehicle? One way to guarantee quality repair and safety is to choose a repair shop that is I-CAR Gold Class certified.
What is I-CAR Gold Class?
I-CAR Gold Class certification is the highest training achievement acknowledged by the collision repair industry.
- For an auto body repair shop to achieve Gold Class it must have team members who are individually specialized in four specific areas (Value Estimator, Non-structural Tech, Structural Tech & Refinish Tech).
- These people must achieve a Platinum Class I-CAR certification in their skilled expertise.
- Auto body and collision repair shops which are I-CAR Gold Class certified must renew their certification on an annual basis.
- Technicians are trained and up-to-date on the newest developments in techniques and equipment used in making repairs, as well as repair materials used.
- Technicians are skilled and capable of repairing your vehicle so that after the work is performed, your car is safe, retains its value, and is repaired to crash worthiness.
- Up-to-date infrastructure of the shop and equipment are also essential and ensures that the facility is set up to perform safe and proper repairs.
So as manufacturers incorporate new lightweight materials and advanced technology, up-to-date training has never been more important for consumer safety.
Did You Know?
I-CAR research has found that of the 35,000 shops in the country, only 12,000 require any type of continued training and education – That’s only 34 percent of the industry!
So beware before you repair!
Choose trained repair professionals.
Choose Precision Body & Paint.